Saturday, March 30, 2013

[MOVIE] WATERBOYS (2001): Starring Tamaki Hiroshi (Chiaki Shinichi in Nodame Cantabile)

image credit: jkfilmjapan

Before I became a Cassie back in 2011, I was a big fan of Nodame Cantabile and Juri Ueno (but not as much as being a Cassiopeia who buys TVXQ/JYJ albums and DVDs. The only thing I've bought official related to Nodame Cantabile are DVDs of the Movie Finale Part 1 and Part 2)

Along with being a fan of Juri Ueno, I also became a fan of Hiroshi Tamaki (or Tamaki Hiroshi, Hiroshi - first name, Tamaki - last name) who played the role of Nodame's "Chiaki-sempai" (the correct word is "senpai" but Nodame cutely pronounces senpai as sempai, sometimes "shempai" which makes it even more cute! o(≧▽≦)o ). Being their fan led me to watching their movies (old and recent) and several dramas that I are still watchable/accessible/downloadable online.

For this post, I'm going to introduce you to an old film (way way back in 2001), Waterboys (Japanese title: ウォーターボーイズ [romanization: wota boizu]).  Tamaki isn't really the lead star but he has lots of exposure in the film. He's like "the second lead" if I may say. ^^ Watch this film for its priceless. It's very funny and kind of inspirational too. Plus you get to see Tamaki in trunks and with an afro hairdo. LOL

Here's a couple of screenshots of one of the funniest scenes in the movie ^^
[WATCH THE MOVIE ONLINE]
 
Somebody generously uploaded the movie (in 10 parts) on youtube. Watch in 360p for better resolution since it's pretty LQ. :) I can't embed it since the uploader disabled the feature.

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 Final 

Playlist on Youtube (all parts)

upload credit: 0210tojo on youtube

[DOWNLOAD THE MOVIE]

Direct download: You can download it here. Doramax264 provides medium to low quality videos of Asian movies and series.

Torrent download: If you have good connection, I suggest you download the movie via torrent since the ones uploaded on torrent (at least based on what i have searched) are in better/best quality such as Brip and DVDrip.

Kickass Torrents : as of  2013 Mar 30: 7 seeds | DVDrip
Asia Torrents Link 1: as of 2013 Mar 30: 10 seeds | DVDrip I think
Asia Torrent Link 2: as of 2013 Mar 30: 8 seeds | BluRayrip 

[BUY THE MOVIE]

I'm currently unemployed. That means I have no funds for my vices (fandom stuff such as TVXQ/JYJ albums/dvds and other DVDs that I wish to have such as movie DVDs of Swing Girls and Waterboys).


But if you do, I recommend that you buy the DVD over at Yesasia.com. A Hong Kong version was released which is very much less expensive than the Japanese release. Also, the Hong Kong version have English subtitles. So it's definitely a great buy. :) The VCD is also available, which is cheaper by US$3 but I recommend the DVD. The price difference is negligible considering that the DVD is of higher quality. :)

DVD Hong Kong Version
VCD Hong Kong Version 

I assure you that you will have one of the best laughs in your life while watching the movie haha

image credit: asiacue + merufian 

No comments:

Post a Comment